TedMed Great Challenges is hosting a Google Hangout on Tuesday, July 22 at 2pm EDT. The session will look at childhood obesity trends over time and ask panelists to weigh in on solutions, identify the underlying societal and environmental causes and suggest opportunities for corporate and community leaders to impact the epidemic. This free event features an all-star lineup including:
- Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, President and CEO of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Nancy Brown, CEO of the American Heart Association
- Elissa Epel, Ph.D., Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at UCSF
- Lisa Simpson, MB BCh, MPH, FAAP, President and CEO of AcademyHealth
- Donald Schwarz, MD, MPH, Commissioner and Deputy Mayor for Health and Opportunity for the City of Philadelphia
- Moderator: Richard Besser, MD, Chief Health and Medical Editor for ABC News
To RSVP to attend, click here. For more information, click here.